Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18th -- Kiggins House update

Reading over my recent posts, I see that they laid the foundation yesterday , not removed the steel beams as I was told. . . It was exciting anyway so that is no big deal that it didn't happen. I did get to watch the foundation being poured with that extraordinary tool.


I decided to go down this afternoon and investigate anything new and was met with visibly seeing the cement walls of the foundation! I missed them taking it off but here is the evidence: a big stack of boards!

Today, they were painting a black substance on the foundation walls outside. Since I am not familiar with what it is actually called, my readers will just have to use their imaginations when you see the photos. (I found out it is a sealer so wter doesn't get into the basement.)



I also noticed a little opening in the roof but have no explanation for it. . .

I wonder how long it will be before they remove those steel beams?. I hope I don't miss i!

3 comments:

Lew said...

Fascinating story and geat pictures of the process of moving an old home. My hat's off to the Wood's for taking on the project. Fifty some years ago, the city of Charlotte, NC built a four lane boulevard down the two lane dirt road beside my grandmother's house. She was not amused, to say the least! To make room for the boulevard, the city moved houses across the road from hers and I watched some of that work during visits with her. I will check in to see how the work is completed.

otilius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
otilius said...

wow, what a project! good luck and keep up the good work.