Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 12, 2008 Kiggins update THE BIG DAY!!!!!!!! (part 1)

Finally, it was the day for the big beams to be removed and I was ready. I took over 100 photos so have decided to make a "quilt" of some and leave others big so you can click on and enlarge. I stayed around there all day because I didn't want to miss a thing!

I arrived bright and early and took photos all around so I could compare before and after beam removal so this is what it looked like upon my arrival:

The beams are still there so I have not missed the big event! The moving company had been delayed in removing the beams because of FEMA work they were doing in other parts of Washington state.

Close up of the beams in the front of the house that are to be removed today.


Another view

The retaining wall to separate the park and the end of the street behind the house is built.

Close-up of the retaining wall that leads to the stairway on the side of the house.


The heavy equipment . . .

and high tech equipment arrive!
(The collage will enlarge a little but it is 25 percent of originals to conserve room on this blog entry.)


The computerized beam removal truck is open now and compressors are being hooked to areas under the house so that the beams can slide out and the house rest on stacks of wood beam pallets.


Bruce gets the areas ready to place the pillars to support the porch roof so that the blocks of wood can be removed before the beams are pulled out.






The metal supports for the pillars are installed.

1 comment:

Lilli & Nevada said...

My goodness Paulie, the progress is coming along very nicely. can't wait to see it all done. isn't it amazing what they can do?